Thursday, April 27, 2006

ahhhhhhhh another comeback I regret saying.

Now the company I use to work for are probably HAPPY I resigned. But then again, there are people WORSE out there.............


One fine morning I had to work a 5am departure.

If you are in the Airline biz, working as a Flight Attendant or a Pilot- this means a 3:15 am show or pick up from the layover hotel.

- sometimes we work really long hours........

ANYHOW I was working a 5AM departure.

WORKING for an UN-NAMED AMERICAN CARRIER, from a city in Canada, destined to an unmentionable city in the GOOD O'L U.S. of A.

And I was definately NOT IN THE MOOD to deal with some SMART ASS, especially 4AM.

Here I was, around 4:15 am...... greeting passengers like an automaton with my fake "bright white" smile while I was passing out pillows, ect.

and one seemingly calm and collected passenger asked me a normal, simple question:

"Are we getting breakfast on this flight?"

Being very tired, I sort of remember that we were catered with cereal.

I, continuing on with my "bright white" fake smile- I replied:

"I believe we are, and I think it's cereal."

Now suddenly............. I was mesmorized ............... as if by magic, this passenger's face was morphing... it was turning RED... face conTORting from a smile to a frown .... and with that he replied in a really loud voice:

WHAT!!!!

THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!


ALL CANADIAN AIRLINES SERVE HOT MEALS!



AIR CANADA IS FAR NICER! CANADA 3000 HAS THEM TOO!


Canada is good, canada is superior, ect. ect. ect.



I totally was not in the mood to deal with him on this so what was my simple, non offending reply?


















"Well Sir, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Paradise Driver said...

I wonder if that is why Canada 3000 went "belly up" and Air Canada never arrives or departs "on-time"?

4:16 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Ahahahaha! That was good.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home