Monday, April 24, 2006

A sassy Flight Attendant and a dumb ass

Once upon a time, I use to be a flight attendant.

Who me??

Unfortunately yes.

(AND I will NEVER reveal the airline NOR say anything bad about them.......... nonetheless...here is my story)

While working I always conducted myself in a professional manner...however sometimes I do get pushed to my limits.

One day, I was working a 17 hr duty day- with my last flight- MY 6th LEG of the night- was at 11pm. I was pooped. The last thing I wanted that night was to deal with some smart ass.

During boarding I noticed a group of rowdy men who had been drinking. Being that it was 11pm, I presumed they were "safe" and I had no concern of them causing problems with me on the flight......

Boy was I WRONG!

While I was speedily doing my drink service (everyone was asleep) the biggest most fattest guy in that group was still up.

Although I was 3 rows away from him... he bellowed out in a loud voice:




"CAN I GET A FREE BEER???????"



With that urgent request to keep up his beer belly physique, he awoke just about the whole plane full of passengers up.

By the look of their faces, they were pretty annoyed....

and not only that, they were looking at me to see what kind of response I would say........

and being that it was LATE

It was PAST 11pm

I worked over 17 hrs straight (this does not include the time I took to get ready and be at the airport) I was in no mood ..........

My Reply?


"YOU AREN'T CUTE ENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUGH!" I exclaimed back.

-and you know...people were laughing..... even his friends who also WOKE UP because of him....

3 Comments:

Blogger Oh, Miss! said...

Oh geez! Thank you so much! I know it's getting hard to remember stupid things or events but I'll try my best... I know I can't possibly have THAT many stories but I've surprised myself.........

10:58 PM  
Blogger Oh, Miss! said...

He got MAD at me but I did appologize .... he was really put in a spot when I said that..... his friends were making fun of him the whole time (SINCE he WOKE them UP)and accepted my appology.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Oh, Miss! said...

I've noticed throughout the years I've worked in the airline biz, many people try hard to get stuff for free....

They'll come up with the most fake story about things just to get an upgrade or a free first class meal.

Not everyone but there are those out there that pull that stunt... and we all know what they are up to (if you are a seasoned customer service pro that is) and there are ways to politely decline- and do it professionally

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home